Upon completion of the Lower Los Angeles River Revitalization Plan, the Implementation Advisory Group (IAG) will ensure projects that are subsequently implemented are carried out in accordance with the plan and that stakeholders continue to have a voice in implementation. In it’s role as an advisory body, the IAG will provide recommendations on issues presented before them, but ultimately, individual entities with jurisdiction along the river corridor will continue to have decision-making authority.
As the first item of business, the IAG will define their purpose and charge, based on the following items:
- Provide a public venue for discussion of proposed projects/programs related to the Lower LA River;
- Ensure proposed projects/ programs are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Lower LA Revitalization Plan; and
- Maximize multi-use opportunities and community benefits by encouraging collaboration among the many project proponents and organizationd in the project area.
The quarterly meeting will start in May 2018 at the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works headquarters in the City of Alhambra.
- Programs/ Policies & Community Engagement
- Public Advisory
- Public Realm, Environment, Water, Infrastructure