What is the IAG?
Upon completion of the Lower Los Angeles River Revitalization Plan, the Implementation Advisory Group (IAG) ensures projects that are subsequently implemented are carried out in accordance with the Plan and that stakeholders continue to have a voice in implementation. In its role as an advisory body, the IAG provides guidance on issues presented before them, but ultimately, individual entities with jurisdiction along the river corridor including the LA County Flood Control District, the US Army Corps of Engineers, and the cities continue to have decision-making authority.
During the IAG Meetings, the Flood Control District provides a public venue for discussion of proposed projects related to the Lower LA River, ensures proposed projects are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Lower LA River Revitalization Plan, and maximizes multi-use opportunities and community benefits.
IAG meetings are held quarterly. Check the calendar for meeting dates and materials.
- Programs & Policies
- Program/policy/funding opportunities, education, workforce, community health, environmental justice, other equity issues, and Watershed Education Plan advancement
- Public Advisory & Community Engagement
- Community representation, engagement, outreach, and forum
- Public Realm, Environment, Water, & Infrastructure
- Ecosystem restoration, habitat, water quality, conservation and reuse, and recreation/parks/trails
- Studies/research related to these topics, active/planned projects, and multi-benefit opportunities
- Future Committee (as-needed)